Post navigation

Ask a Grower

Ask-a-Grower #153 – How can I correct iron or nitrogen deficiencies?

I grow in happy frog with GH nutes. From my research on line I think my plants have an Iron deficiency or a Nitrogen deficiency. I ph my RO water between 6.8 and 7.0 how can I correct these deficiencies?

I would try Cal-Mag plus, especially with RO water.  It contains calcium magnesium plus iron.  The N-P-K is 2-0-0 (2% nitrogen).  This should be enough to get your plants on track.  Also there are other nitrogen only supplements; Nitrex is in the Organicare line by Botanicare.  Another good organic Nitrogen is Nature’s Nectar Nitrogen.  Another thing I like to do is give my plants more of a pH range from 6.3-7.0.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.